Hampden-Sydney College respects the rights to privacy of visitors to the Hampden-Sydney College web site. Access to all sites within Hampden-Sydney domains (including hsc.edu and swagablog.com) are subject to logging for statistical, reporting, and legal purposes.
Automatic Information Collection
Hampden-Sydney College websites log the following information:
- Your IP address and associated domain(s)
- Our sites you access while visiting
- Previous domains you have visited
- Browser type and your browser configuration
Names and email addresses are recorded only when you volunteer them through web forms and subscriptions. We use this information to improve our web services and provide the user with the best possible experience.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Third-party partners (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on visitors’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand and analyze how users interact with the hsc.edu site. Google Analytics automatically collects device and activity information when you visit hsc.edu and swagablog.com.
- We use first party cookies and tracking pixels for cross-device tracking and to improve your user experience.
- We use AdRoll hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising.
Sharing of Data
Information we obtain is treated confidentially and not released to anyone outside of Hampden-Sydney College for any purpose that is not directly related to college business.